Terms & Conditions
1.1 Technological Data:
- IP Address.
- Location, only with permission.
- Device Camera.
- Device Storage.
App needs access to device storage in order to save the pictures, videos & offline news User is interested in. App serves news and content to User based on User’s location and hence the permission. User can share and submit content for the “Citizen Journalists” section/channel and device camera needs to be accessed for this purpose.
1.2 Personally Identifiable Information:
This includes Users’ Email ID, Mobile Number and Advertiser ID. However, it is noteworthy to mention that HitTv collects Email ID and Mobile Number from You only in certain specific circumstances, it is not a mandatory requirement to use the app. Said circumstances are laid down as follows:
- When You wish to comment on a post, You have to share Your Email ID. We take Email IDs only with Your permission. This is to moderate the comments section and ensure it is kept user-friendly for all our users reading the comments.
- Under the Citizen Journalists category You can submit news articles to us. Our internal content team would then review, curate and publish the said articles post fact-checking. In this case, You have to share Your Email ID & Mobile number. This will help our internal review team to identify the authenticity of the posts from You and also to contact You to discuss the articles.
- Advertiser ID of User is solely used for re-targeting purposes i.e for reacquiring the User from other advertising platforms.
- Mobile Number, Location. We will only collect these details with the user's permission, and they will not be disclosed to any third party.
How does HitTv use the collected Information?
- Your email address is used to identify You while logging into the App. HitTv may use this information to control Your access to the App as well as use of the App, to communicate with the User, customize Your experience of using the App and and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that HitTv may send to the You from time to time and provide information that may be useful or interesting based on the content and personally identifiable information relating to You .
- Your email address will be used to send user information, administrative information, changes in account settings and any changes to the App or updating User on new policies of HitTv. Apart from this You will receive periodic emails that may relate to company news, related product or service information, etc. Email address may also be used for responding to any of the inquiries, questions, and/or any other requests made by You. If at any time You want to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, HitTV has included detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- HitTV may use the personal information provided by the User to prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of the " HitTV User Agreement", "Terms and Conditions" and any applicable laws.
How does HitTV protect Users’ Information so collected?
HitTV adopts appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Your personal information, username, password, and data stored on the App. Personal Data collected is encrypted and stored in our Database. HitTV cannot guarantee the security of any information obtained through unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors that may compromise the security of user information at any time. It is important for the User to prevent unauthorized access to his/her account and personal information by limiting access to his/her device.
Sharing Users’ Personal Information:
- HitTV does not sell, trade, or rent Your personally identifiable information collected to others except as described in this Policy. HitTV may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personally identifiable information regarding visitors and Users with HitTV business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
- At times HitTV may be required by law or litigation to disclose personal information about the Users. HitTV may also disclose information about the User if HitTV determines that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance that disclosure of information is necessary.
- HitTV reserves the right to transfer Personal Information of users to another party as a result of merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of HitTV ‘s assets to another party.
What Choices does the User have regarding the Use of his/her Information?
If the User is receiving marketing or promotional emails from HitTV, he/she will have the option to "opt out" of such marketing emails by following the instructions in those mails. If the User opts out, he/she may still receive non-promotional emails from HitTV , such as emails about his/her account or any ongoing business relations entered into by HitTV